We here at Wild & Wonderful Lifestyle Co. have been reflecting on 2018 and thinking about 2019. First, we have to say WOW! You all have been so incredibly supportive of this business and we are so humbled! We can’t thank you enough.
2018 was a year of growth for WWLC. We spent the year growing our product line, growing our knowledge base and most importantly, learning exactly what you, our customers, want. What we found is that, more than one particular product, you want a community that represents you. You were really vocal this year when we talked about our love of place, our experiences living in West Virginia and your undying love the Mountain State.
So, what does this mean for 2019? We’re happy you asked.
- We will be expanding our line in 2019, slowly but surely. We want even more of you to consider thewvstore.com to be your go-to shop for West Virginia apparel and goods. To do this, we’re not only expanding the line of products which we design, but bringing in products from other West Virginia makers and collaborating with other artists. We are also expanding the size options. You’ll start seeing extra small and 3xl options in products, when available, so that we can make sure you’re comfortable and feeling your best in our gear!
- We’re concentrating on lines of products, two of them being place-based and sport. Many of you feel very nostalgic toward certain places in West Virginia – Mon National, Morgantown, Dolly Sods. We hear you, and we are already in the works on designs and products that we think you will love! You’ve also been asking for a sports line, with products geared toward your love of adventure, and keeping you cool and comfortable during those adventures. We’ve got you.
- We will be concentrating on our community and blog pages. These are spaces where you can find out about West Virginia – the local’s best knowledge – and find your version of #almostheaven. We’ll be doing more to feature people that fit the wild and wonderful lifestyle, like makers, adventure guides, wellness instructors, etc. We think it’s really important to spotlight these people that are making West Virginia an even better place to live.
- We’re going to give more strategically. We donate thousands of dollars every year, and we love to do so! We are going to spend 2019 figuring out the best fit for our donations into causes we really care about – the environment, animal advocacy, child welfare and education. For us, these causes are near and dear to our hearts, and we need to concentrate on them to protect the future of West Virginia. We will be creating partnerships and opportunities with specific organizations we respect and admire!
We’re coming to you! We have our usual line up of fairs and festivals lined up for 2019, but we want to get around the state even more, and come to you for pop-up shops and meet ups in those far away from us places like Huntington, Charleston and Lewisburg. Do you want us in your town for a pop-up or meet up? Send us a message, and let’s see if we can’t work together to get us there! We’re happy to give free gear to our hosts ;)
- I think this will be a yearly goal, but we want to get to know you even better! And in return, we’ll be sharing more about us, the people behind WWLC! We travel around the state a lot, and we want to give you our insider view, tips and tricks to our West Virginia adventures!
Again, thank you for your support and we look forward to making 2019 the most wild and wonderful year yet!
Stay Wild & Wonderful!
Bernadette & Tom